40 th Next year

This is the place to arrange fan meet ups and check if there are any taking place near you
tiz
Your favourite Runrig song: Abhainn
Favourite Gig: To many good one for a favourite

40 th Next year

Postby tiz » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:22 pm

Right just back for Runrig conquering Inverness and having a great time but tinged with a little sadness. Losing one of your best buddies due to a gravely ill father was not nice. However seeing the Queen of the meets and one who used to make them happen has made me realize that it has been some years since we successfully managed to organize a big meet without fragmentation and by golly i sure miss them. We have a year now to get motivated and organized for maybe one last stab at a good old fashioned meet. It would be great to relive those heady days of Stirling red lion, Glasgow Barras/ Counting house, Skye games and the Kinlochleven hill meet. What say you.

Hopefully we can get Rosey there but due to health planning and managing the meet would be too much for her I guess, is there anyone who would like to take the mantle on. I know that a venue has yet to be announced but would be great to get planning.

It may be that most will prefer to do there own thing in groups its fine but I have a feeling that many miss those great meets.
0 x

Lancs Dave2
Your favourite Runrig song: Ocean Road
Favourite Album: Everything You See
Favourite Gig: Stirling Castle 2003

Re: 40 th Next year

Postby Lancs Dave2 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:13 am

Couldn't agree more, Tiz. This was 2006 on Loch Lomond - sorry you weren't there, though.........and this is only the hill walking group! A bright eyed and bushy tailed Fiery is there somewhere!

0 x

Celtman

Postby Celtman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:33 pm

A big meet next year depends on one thing and that is "what will Runrigs big 40th gig be", I hope this is announced asap as we plan(not discussed it with her in doors yet) to build a holiday around it.

The Skye games meet from the summer of 2004 is still the best ever meet as it was a full week of Riggies.....would love to see that happen again.
0 x
http://www.youtube.com/Celtman

Check out the runrig group "Runrig Fans" on facebook

Zephyr
Your favourite Runrig song: This Darkest Winter
Favourite Album: The Big Wheel
Favourite Gig: Barrowlands2010

Postby Zephyr » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:35 am

Well, a meet would be fun. Especially for someone who doesn't know very many people. ;) But I wish they would annonce the date and venue already. They had Scone worked out well over a year ahead, didn't they?. These things take planning!! On all sides :D
0 x
Seinn, seinn, seinn, Òran ur, òran an uir

run132
Engine Room
Your favourite Runrig song: Impossible to say!
Favourite Album: Em, all of them!
Favourite Gig: Too many to list!

Postby run132 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Sounds like a good idea Tiz (sorry I missed you at Inverness!). It sounds like the meet at the Counting House this year will be the biggest yet! Maybe we will have some info on the 40th by then as well!
0 x

Return to “Meetings”