Ipswich 20 February2016

Runrig discussion - This forum is for chatter on Runrig and their current affairs, albums and tours.
PJSK1960
Your favourite Runrig song: The Ocean Road
Favourite Album: The Stamping Grounds
Favourite Gig: Edinburgh Castle July 2013

Ipswich 20 February2016

Postby PJSK1960 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:06 am

Great concert last night. The sound quality was much better than their last visit in November 2012. The guys seemed in good spirits and "up for it" and had good feedback from the audience. The new songs from the story were less familiar and elicited a restrained audience response, even the title track which I think is brilliant and have played to death since Christmas. A great night, well done!
0 x

Sassenach
Favourite Gig: Scone Palace 2009

Re: Ipswich 20 February2016

Postby Sassenach » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:32 pm

It was indeed a great gig.

I was wary because of a blocked ear canal causing distortion but the sound (row E) was superb: crisp, clear, controlled.

The band was on fire. In Bruce's time we've never seen him and the band so animated. It was all smiles and laughter: they were having a ball and it showed.

We've seen all kinds of rock and blues bands but none rock harder than Runrig on a good night - and this was an exceptional night. All played to the top of their game but for me (a Munro man) it was Bruce who surprised and pleased the most with a new found confidence in vocal power & projection and stage presence to make the gig a rival on par with the band at its height in the 90s (Bristol, Colston Hall 1993).

Mr. G's intriguing "news" that even they don't know what's coming next, delivered carefully but with a grin, augurs well.

After the rousing Loch Lomond, the closing refrain from Hearts Of Olden Glory was a fitting tribute to their lost friends Chris and Marlene.

Next: Edinburgh Castle!
0 x

Melfordgal
Your favourite Runrig song: Every River
Favourite Album: Proterra
Favourite Gig: Edinburgh Castle August 2014

Postby Melfordgal » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:54 pm

A truly fab evening in Ipswich! Live music at its very, very best! So good to see Ipswich rockin! Didn't want it to end. Long may it continue!
1 x

daph1
Your favourite Runrig song: Going Home, Book of Golden Stories
Favourite Album: Proterra
Favourite Gig: Stirling Castle 1997

Postby daph1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:51 pm

I was at Ipswich on Saturday evening.
Absolutely brilliant
I thought it was a great choice of songs.
One of the best ever.
0 x

Return to “Runrig”