Portsmouth, 20 Feb 2016

Runrig discussion - This forum is for chatter on Runrig and their current affairs, albums and tours.
MalcolmM
Your favourite Runrig song: Every River
Favourite Album: Searchlight
Favourite Gig: Stirling Castle 2003

Portsmouth, 20 Feb 2016

Postby MalcolmM » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:16 am

Thanks for another amazing gig. You get better in many ways and it really helped tonight as it's the end of my first week of chemo. You got my spirits back up and I am fighting.
1 x

Crunchie
Forum Admin

Re: Portsmouth, 20 Feb 2016

Postby Crunchie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:39 am

Not at the gig but I really hope the chemo goes well Malcolm. My father in law has just began his third lot of chemo for bowel cancer too.
0 x

Steve
Your favourite Runrig song: The Old Boys
Favourite Album: Stamping Ground
Favourite Gig: Loch Ness

Postby Steve » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:17 am

We were at Portsmouth last night, wonderful concert that went all to quickly. Malcolm was on top form , he makes guitar playing look so easy as to think anyone could do it, I wish.

Good luck to the other Malcolm in your treatment , I am sure you can get inspiration from such an uplifting event,

Steve
0 x

MalcolmM
Your favourite Runrig song: Every River
Favourite Album: Searchlight
Favourite Gig: Stirling Castle 2003

Postby MalcolmM » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:48 am

Steve wrote: "Malcolm was on top form"

Steve

Totally agree, we had great seats in D to see his finger wizardry - I could watch him for a whole concert, but then I'd miss Rory's jigs and the great lighting and ...

Thanks for the support.

Malcolm M
0 x

francesp

Postby francesp » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Just recently got back home from last night's gig in Portsmouth - another brilliant one! I thought our seats (me and my neighbour) would be not much good as we were only a few rows from the back of the stalls, but as they were raised it was no problem as we could see above the people nearer the front when they began standing up, just a couple of songs in, but eventually we thought "well we can't come to a Runrig concert and not get up and jig about" so we did too! Thanks to the four guys who were having a great time in the aisle, amusing us too, until they were told to sit down by a steward :roll: !
It was good to hear some of the old songs again, and also some new ones, the band looked as though they were having a good time, and the lighting was fantastic. The video of 'The Story' made me feel 'home sick ' for the islands, although I'm from way down the south of England, I get to go to the Outer Hebrides on work parties for the Gatliff Trust hostels, another trip planned for the middle of March, so think I'll have to go on it! :love:
Now must go and play 'The Story' CD that I bought last night :music:
0 x
...but sweet is the breeze o'er Raasay,
the morning awaits you there ...

David
Your favourite Runrig song: Going Home/Hearts of Olden Glory
Favourite Album: Pro Terra or Cutter
Favourite Gig: My first at Barrowlands

Postby David » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Oh dear oh dear. Seeing the comments already posted I wonder if I was at a completely different concert.
Now let me say I am a real follower of the band - love their music, their musicianship, their sensitivity too. And I've seen them several times from Barrowlands to the Hexagon & loved every gig. But the Guildhall was dreadful - sound quality & control was non-existent & there were several times when (for the first time in my experience) both Brian & Malcolm seemed to hit bum notes.
It really is hard for me say that - but I am being honest. We were in the circle & it also seemed to me that acoustics in the venue might not have been good - but all we got was an overpoweringly loud wash of what I can only describe as 'noise'. Songs I know & love were unrecognisable. I had been really looking forward to the show, as I have always done, but this was a complete & utter letdown.
David Williamson
0 x

JY Le Touze
Your favourite Runrig song: Alba
Favourite Album: The Story
Favourite Gig: Portsmouth 2016

Postby JY Le Touze » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:11 pm

Amazing show at Portsmouth ! We came from Brittany to be there and it was great ! I think we'll go to Edinburgh for your July show :=))) It's a pity you don't come to Brittany this summer.... And you have to be at T in the Park this year, no ? A galon from Brittany
0 x

Return to “Runrig”