Runrig's Future

Runrig discussion - This forum is for chatter on Runrig and their current affairs, albums and tours.
Rolling Scone
Favourite Gig: Party On the Moor 2013

Re: Runrig's Future

Postby Rolling Scone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:36 pm

CURIOSITY wrote: Refering to the Rolling Stone bits and bobs earlier - don't you think RR are aging better than Mick Jagger?

ABSOLUTELY! I just didnt dare saying that, I was merely trying to make the point that even for a rock band, there is life beyond the 40. In my very personal opinion, Mick Jagger/the Stones are NO competion whatsoever!
0 x
German by birth, Scottish by heart

Crunchie
Forum Admin

Postby Crunchie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:41 pm

herzchen wrote:Thought I'd share two pics with those of you neither active on Twitter nor Facebook, hope it works. They ARE in the studio :love:
Copied from a recent thread in the German fan community Scoteire.de, as I am not active on Twitter myself:

iain-album2015.jpg

:D Thanks herzchen!

*right clicks, saves picture as*
0 x

rooster007
Your favourite Runrig song: The Ocean Road (Live), Alba (Live/New)
Favourite Gig: BTD/IronWorks '07/POTM

Postby rooster007 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:25 pm

CURIOSITY wrote:Refering to the Rolling Stone bits and bobs earlier - don't you think RR are aging better than Mick Jagger?

Well, there's certainly some similarities ;)
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (173.68 KiB) Viewed 1877 times
0 x
Rooster

Bine
Your favourite Runrig song: Big Sky
Favourite Album: Mara
Favourite Gig: Loch Ness 2007

Postby Bine » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Please don't misunderstand me here, Mick Jagger is certainly a remarkable artist (and of a stunning physical fitness, too).
Comparing him with Rory though, I have to agree with Curiosity: Rory is definitely aging much better. :love:
So is Calum.
So are Bruce, Mr. Bayne and Donnie.
Not to mention Brian :wink:

P.S.: Rory's way to dress shows definitely more style and taste than Mick's.
0 x

urbanite
Your favourite Runrig song: Proterra
Favourite Album: Stamping Ground
Favourite Gig: Usher Hall 2009 (my first 'live' experience)

Postby urbanite » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Mick Jagger gives me the creeps and has done for years and years and years.....
0 x

rig

Postby rig » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:40 pm

Reposting this from before Christmas, as message got lost in the database change:

I think the visible difference has to do with lifestyle.

Mick is amazingly fit for someone whose earlier life was one of rock star excess, which now has to be compensated for by strict exercise and diet regimes (and maybe more), while Rory has basically always lived healthily so is more naturally fit-looking.

Not that I'm biased.... ;)
0 x

The colour frontier
The ageing light
The sight that knows no fear

nimhue
Your favourite Runrig song: Hearts Of Olden Glory
Favourite Album: Party On The Moor

Postby nimhue » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:40 am

I absolutely agree with what's been written above :-) and I hope they'll sing forever and a day :-)
In my opinion it gives them so much fun still that they have no reason to stop besides having achieved so much they are financially secured hence now they can fully enjoy what they have been doing for over 40 years.
1 x
Cha d' dhùin dorus nach d'fhosgail dorus.

jmb
Your favourite Runrig song: An Sabhal aig Neill/In Search of Angels
Favourite Album: Play Gaelic
Favourite Gig: No Favourite

Postby jmb » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:03 pm

rooster007 wrote:
CURIOSITY wrote:Refering to the Rolling Stone bits and bobs earlier - don't you think RR are aging better than Mick Jagger?

Well, there's certainly some similarities ;)

In the video for Alba, someone told me that Rory looks kind of like Bon Jovi. I then showed someone else a more recent picture of Rory from google, and they said that he looks like Mick Jagger too.
0 x

Esme
Your favourite Runrig song: Everlasting Gun
Favourite Album: Proterra
Favourite Gig: N/A Unfortunately

Postby Esme » Fri May 29, 2015 11:06 pm

All I know is I'm positively yearning for more of Runrig. 'And We'll Sing' still has me reapplying my mascara every freaking time I hear it :love:
I'm Swedish, but I've managed to pass the love for this band's music on to 2 of my 3 children, 1 ex boyfriend and my Dad and they all LOVE Runrig. Everyone loves Runrig. Even in faraway Sweden, people just need to be exposed to it and then, instant Love.
This music has that something that speaks to the heart. There's so much to choose from, whatever mood I'm in, Runrig has a song to help me deal with it.
I've even learned a substantial number of words and phrases in Gaelic. Like I could totally communicate if I were cold, tired, or on fire :)
Judging from some comments in here I just hope that I haven't missed my chance to see them live with by the people I've converted to Runrigism!
It's been a dream for me for at least ten years to see Runrig live. I better not end up being too late, please reinsure me :?
1 x

Owen
Your favourite Runrig song: Somethings Got To Give
Favourite Album: Big Wheel
Favourite Gig: Inverness 2012

Postby Owen » Sat May 30, 2015 6:05 pm

I'm pretty sure that you will get your chance Esme. It just gets a little bit frustrating when Runrig appear to work on a completely different time than their fans and things can get really quiet which in turns sparks up speculations and rumours about the bands future, despite me having started this conversation some time ago, I do feel that the band, although frustratingly quiet much of the time, would at least let us know if they weren't coming back, if not they'd insult and alienate alot of their fans, its a common problem with the band, so don't be disheartened, i'm sure they'l be back, even if they've announced that there will be no tour this year.
0 x

cmd

Postby cmd » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:30 pm

WHEN ARE WE GETTING A BARROWLANDS GIG
or at least something near glasgow?????
0 x

skyeman121
Global Moderator
Your favourite Runrig song: Abhainn An T-Sluaigh
Favourite Album: All of them !!
Favourite Gig: The next one !!

Postby skyeman121 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:18 pm

Long may the continue for as long as they want to :music: :music:
2 x
There must be a place under the sun
Where hearts of olden glory grow young

rig

Postby rig » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:51 pm

We know they are not going away (yet) as they (via Bruce) said this at the 40th gig, and the Wires since then, few though they may be since not much public is happening, have been looking ahead too.

The current Wire has told us they are working on a new album aiming for release next spring, and I think mentioned or at least implied touring on the back of it. (I don't have it at hand to check.)

Last night Iain Bayne was interviewed on Karin Ingram's radio show and, amongst the usual jollity and non-Runrig stuff, confirmed this, saying dates for gigs next year were being pencilled in and filling up nicely.

So while clearly there is an acute shortage of gigs just now, there is no mystery about it.

Many years as a Runrig fan has taught me to possess my soul in patience ;) , so I'm not losing any sleep over it. :rose:
2 x

The colour frontier
The ageing light
The sight that knows no fear

urbanite
Your favourite Runrig song: Proterra
Favourite Album: Stamping Ground
Favourite Gig: Usher Hall 2009 (my first 'live' experience)

Postby urbanite » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:41 pm

I take heart from the fact that they came back from the 'year out' 2010 (and a big chunk of 2011) better than ever. POTM/Edinburgh Castle and the English anniversary tour turned up the heat another notch and I've no doubt hat the European gigs in the anniversary year were up to the same standard.
A possible spring release followed by some Spring/Summer UK gigs is something to look forward to - all I ask now is that they don't leave the UK gigs until the winter.
0 x

Return to “Runrig”