DVD Tracklist

Runrig discussion - This forum is for chatter on Runrig and their current affairs, albums and tours.
ianburnett
Your favourite Runrig song: Hearthammer
Favourite Album: The Big Wheel
Favourite Gig: Party on the Moor!

DVD Tracklist

Postby ianburnett » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:30 pm

If past DVDs are anything to go by I don't think we'll get the entire concert on the DVD, if this is the case what songs do you think are an must have and what ones do you think won't make the cut? There was a total of 26 songs and a long set so I wouldn't be too surprised if 6 or 7 songs were left out.

For me the ones I would love to be included are...

- Only the Brave, since it's the first song pretty certain it will be included.
- City of Lights
- Dance Called America
- Book of Golden Stories
- The Cutter
- An Ubhal As Airde
- Beat the Drum, wouldn't usually be on my must see list but would be fun to see it with the pipe band again
- Video including Blair

Ones for the chop...

- Road Trip
- The Engine Room
- Siol Ghorraidh
- Clash of the Ash
- Maymorning, this is one I have my doubts over as the side mics were't coming through the PA at first which chooped of the start of the verse but we'll see what happens!
0 x
"He who hingeth aboot geteth hee haw!"

My Music Page - www.ianburnettmusic.com

Rolling Scone
Favourite Gig: Party On the Moor 2013

Re: DVD Tracklist

Postby Rolling Scone » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:09 pm

I basically agree, though I´d love to have Maymorning and Clash of the Ash included as it was so much fun, especially the Locomotion bit. (wouldn´t be bothered about missing lines. I also think Faileas Air An Airigh, Dust, the little we got from the Summer Walkers are a must, as is And we´ll Sing (plus Bruce´s solo farewell of The Parting Glass) which was the only new song and has never been on CD/DVD.

As far as I´m concerned, IF they really have to drop songs, it would be Alba and Rocket to the Moon. If they touch The Cutter or An Ubhal As Airde I´ll stop loving them at once!!! :x
0 x
German by birth, Scottish by heart

Bine
Your favourite Runrig song: Big Sky
Favourite Album: Mara
Favourite Gig: Loch Ness 2007

Postby Bine » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:52 pm

Rolling Scone wrote:If they touch The Cutter or An Ubhal As Airde I´ll stop loving them at once!!! :x

Well, I wouldn't really stop loving them, but I'd be terribly disappointed :cry:
0 x

rooster007
Your favourite Runrig song: The Ocean Road (Live), Alba (Live/New)
Favourite Gig: BTD/IronWorks '07/POTM

Postby rooster007 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Just because the lines weren't coming through the speakers doesn't mean they weren't recorded! (or that they couldn't be patched up in a studio somewhere!)

What a thumping version of Maymorning it was! That and Dance Called America were two of my favourite songs that day! Hopefully they'll make it in. As good as the Engine Room was live, I think it probably won't make the cut simply because it was exactly the same as YotF version.. Clash of the Ash HAS to be on there! Around these parts it's as big as Loch Lomond! haha..

As for Road Trip, they tried a few new things with it (most notably the exchange between Bruce and Malcolm) so it would be good to see that!

I'd be disappointed if they cut Alba too with all the hand movements going on during the chorus (even Rory joined in!).

I'm finding it really hard to pick songs for the chop, I'm sure there will be reasons for any that do! I have to say when I found out the Stamping Ground and The Cutter were getting the chop from YotF I was GUTTED. Those were probably my two favourite songs from the day! Just have to wait and see I suppose, can't be long now surely!
0 x
Rooster

baldmac
Your favourite Runrig song: Harvest Moon, every river, dancing floor
Favourite Album: mara
Favourite Gig: Wolverhampton

Postby baldmac » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:00 pm

I think they have more than enough from the day and the whole tour to make a double DVD from it. I agree with the first poster, Road Trip has got to go. City of Lights and the other oldies must stay. To cut too much from the gig would spoil it as it was such a fantastic day and audience.

Decent clips from the support acts would also not go amiss, a shame that there was not much in the way of filming from the Friday Nights events, cracking party atmosphere and great music which all added to the weekend
0 x

rooster007

Postby rooster007 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:27 pm

I've found this list which seems to be pretty spot on! Beside each song I've marked in red a number from 1 to 3 with one being the least bothered if it's cut to 3 being the most for the DVD and in blue for the CD!

Only The Brave 3 3
City of Lights 3 3
Road Trip 3 1
Big Sky 2 1
Maymorning 3 2
Dance Called America 3 3
Siol Ghoraidh 2 (although with the use of the flames, possibly takes it to a 3) 1
The Engine Room 1 1
Book Of Golden Stories 3 2
Every River 3 3
Faileas Air An Airigh (with Julie Fowlis) 2.5 2
The Summer Walkers (Single chorus only) 1 1
Dust (with Duncan Chisholm) 2 2
An Sabhal Aig Neill (with Duncan Chisholm) 2.5 2
Drums 2 1
Ceòl an Dannsa (with Blair Douglas) (Used in a History of Runrig video clip) 3 1
The Cutter (with Donnie Munro) 3 3
Edge of the World (with Donnie Munro and Pete Wishart) 2 3
An Ubhal as Àirde (with Donnie Munro) 3 2
Rocket to the Moon 2 1
Alba 3 2
Pride of the Summer 3 2
Skye 3 2
Going Home (with Duncan Chisholm) 2.5 2
Encore:
Hearts Of Olden Glory 3 3
On the Edge 1 1
Protect And Survive 2 1
Clash of the Ash 3 1
Loch Lomond 2 1
And We'll Sing (With All Special Guests) 3 2

Would be fun to see everyone else's ratings!
0 x
Rooster

urbanite
Your favourite Runrig song: Proterra
Favourite Album: Stamping Ground
Favourite Gig: Usher Hall 2009 (my first 'live' experience)

Postby urbanite » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:12 am

If it came down to saving a couple of minutes, I'd be willing to lose And We'll Sing. It does nothing at all for me.
0 x

colyates
Your favourite Runrig song: stepping down the glory road
Favourite Album: the cutter and the c
Favourite Gig: Stirling Castle 2003

Postby colyates » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:13 am

urbanite wrote:If it came down to saving a couple of minutes, I'd be willing to lose And We'll Sing. It does nothing at all for me.

same for me
0 x

gillyp
Your favourite Runrig song: Every River, Proterra, today!
Favourite Album: 50 songs
Favourite Gig: Inverness

Postby gillyp » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:46 pm

Strange how different we all are, I really love And We'll Sing and want that in. I wouldn't' mind losing Road Trip or Alba (heresy I know). Good job we are all different.. Maybe we will be lucky and get a double CD and DVD like 50 songs then we can have everything, or is that being greedy! Whichever I am looking forward to its release and expect I will love whatever comes out.
0 x

Owen
Your favourite Runrig song: Somethings Got To Give
Favourite Album: Big Wheel
Favourite Gig: Inverness 2012

Postby Owen » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:48 am

For me its pretty simple, lose most of the ones that appeared on the previous two DVDS and for a change let the ones that are less seen and heard make it to the DVD this time. One of the things that's frustrates me is for all these live releases whether its CD or DVD, they never seem to venture too far away from stuff that they have released live a hundred times over.
0 x

rooster007

Postby rooster007 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:06 am

Owen wrote:For me its pretty simple, lose most of the ones that appeared on the previous two DVDS and for a change let the ones that are less seen and heard make it to the DVD this time. One of the things that's frustrates me is for all these live releases whether its CD or DVD, they never seem to venture too far away from stuff that they have released live a hundred times over.

I don't think anyone is really going to argue with that! What I will say is that there is a perception among "die hards" who go to a lot of live shows that songs like Road Trip have been released over and over again. When in fact, it has only appeared on EYS (when it was released) and YotF which was the same year. I'm excluding AAA releases here because these aren't available to the general public.

Even the songs that get bashed out every year like Road Trip, Every River, Hearts of Olden Glory, Skye etc get reinvented every couple of years or so to keep things fresh. I actually think they are quite fortunate with the choice they have on offer this time round, the atmosphere beat Loch Ness hands down and I'm sure this will come across in the DVD and make even the most heard/seen songs seem exciting!

As for "And We'll Sing" I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if they didn't include it, as it is their latest single and IMO the perfect song for the occasion!
0 x
Rooster

Erling
Your favourite Runrig song: Edge Of The World
Favourite Album: Cutter & Clan
Favourite Gig: Scone '09 / Muir Of Ord '13

Postby Erling » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:50 am

Hopefully they won't leave out The Cutter. It was left out on both Donnies Farewell and Year of The Flood. The only official live recording of this song is (as far as I know) the one on the City of Lights DVD.
0 x
... We Can Turn Our Lives Around ...

Rolling Scone
Favourite Gig: Party On the Moor 2013

Postby Rolling Scone » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:35 pm

Perhaps we should focus more on songs that we think MUST be included? By now there are so many post on here saying what they wouldn´t miss too much, I´m afraid the band might come to the conclusion they don´t need to squeeze in all that many songs after all and might happily drop some. :? As far as I am concerned, I´d really love to have every single song. :love: Given the very special atmosphere on the night, I think it would be a a shame too lose even the ones I liked least ("least" measured in a very high standard!).
0 x
German by birth, Scottish by heart

Spud
Your favourite Runrig song: Every River
Favourite Album: Party On The Muir
Favourite Gig: Party On The Muir 2013

Postby Spud » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Maybe they'll do a double
0 x
http://manran.co.uk/

I'm only a little bear, I need hugs.....
A bear is for life, not just for Christmas - haha!!

http://manran.co.uk

albeat

Postby albeat » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:37 pm

Can't see them missing out The Cutter, Donnie's 1st song in 16 years! and with Bruce. One of the highlights!

Look forwrad to it all though
Cheers Alex
0 x

rooster007

Postby rooster007 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:26 pm

albeat wrote:Can't see them missing out The Cutter, Donnie's 1st song in 16 years! and with Bruce. One of the highlights!

Agreed!

Rolling Scone wrote:Perhaps we should focus more on songs that we think MUST be included? By now there are so many post on here saying what they wouldn´t miss too much, I´m afraid the band might come to the conclusion they don´t need to squeeze in all that many songs after all and might happily drop some. :?

I imagine that if the finished product is being released in March as we've all been told, the editing process is nearly done/is done by now and they probably made the decision as to what needs the chop by now anyway!
0 x
Rooster

Conor2
Your favourite Runrig song: Proterra.
Favourite Album: all of them
Favourite Gig: SCONE PALACE. 2009.

Postby Conor2 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:40 am

I know it wont happen , BUT !
If the band listened to what the fans wanted , especially the fans that where there POTM , '
They would make a double DVD , and put EVER SONG on the DVD , plus shots of the crowd and , DVD of the support bands .

After all , as everyone has said , IT WAS A ONE OF EVENT , so why not make it a ONE OFF DVD ...
0 x
I am going away, in the hour of my days
The warm knowing place still hold you
Though we wander and roam
We will cherish our own
On that long road home, I’ll be waiting..

RUNRIG .

ianburnett
Your favourite Runrig song: Hearthammer
Favourite Album: The Big Wheel
Favourite Gig: Party on the Moor!

Postby ianburnett » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Has anyone put any thoughts into what could be included as "Extras", there was a section on the 30th DVD with the talking shop, the songbook and few other bits and bobs, anyone expecting anything extra this time?
0 x
"He who hingeth aboot geteth hee haw!"

My Music Page - www.ianburnettmusic.com

Return to “Runrig”