the Book of Golden Stories

Runrig discussion - This forum is for chatter on Runrig and their current affairs, albums and tours.
Meri-mac

Re: the Book of Golden Stories

Postby Meri-mac » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:31 pm

@ iasgair - yes, it's one of my favourite GBS songs. 100 mph delivery of lyrics (as opposed to their usual 90 mph) :D

@ SandyBeaches - thanks for the virtual hug. I wrote the poem to hopefully amuse the band, but also as a tribute to their wonderful career. It was sent to the office together with a letter, probably similar to the one you wrote, expressing my delight at the Party on the Muir. Didn't really expect it to go in the Wire as it's rather long (couple of verses have been omitted on here too), but a nod of thanks would have been very much appreciated for the effort put in, including that by my artist friend who bound it for me and did a lovely inked Celtic design on the cover. I did email a few weeks later to check it had been received. No reply.

Before posting it here, thought I would check again with the office, but this time to check it had not caused any offence to the band. I wouldn't have wanted to post it if it had. This time, got email reply - minimalist! But, apparently no offence had been caused so here it is. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm glad a few folk here have had a smile.

The office isn't heavily staffed as far as I know, so as you say there is perhaps a lot to be done to keep memberships and mail order running. I used to write to a band member from time to time and was very fortunate to receive hand-written replies on three occasions. But no reply to the two I've sent within the past 10 years, so maybe there's a general policy now to keep a little distance from communicating with the fans.
0 x

skyeman121
Global Moderator
Your favourite Runrig song: Abhainn An T-Sluaigh
Favourite Album: All of them !!
Favourite Gig: The next one !!

Re: the Book of Golden Stories

Postby skyeman121 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:55 pm

Excellent effort :)
0 x
There must be a place under the sun
Where hearts of olden glory grow young