Beat The Dram!!

Runrig discussion - This forum is for chatter on Runrig and their current affairs, albums and tours.
elaine
Your favourite Runrig song: Darkest Winter!!
Favourite Album: Too hard to choose!!
Favourite Gig: Ayr Pavillion 1985, first ever concert!!

Beat The Dram!!

Postby elaine » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:39 am

Just had a browse on ebay at some Runrig bits 'n' bobs... i see someone is selling Beat the Dram for £265.... :o :o Also tickets for Newcastle and Shepherds Bush..... :shock: If i had bought the bottle i would never sell it, i was once offered £50 for a sweaty towel i caught from Donnie Munro one year at a Barras gig.... I still have it today along with other bits 'n' bobs.... ;) Had numerous offers for my signed £10 note from 1988, it's safely tucked away and still mint condition..... 8-)

Elaine... 8-)
x
0 x
I HAVE GONE TO LOOK FOR MY SELF, IF I SHOULD RETURN BEFORE I GET BACK, KEEP ME HERE!!!

puffin
Engine Room

Re: Beat The Dram!!

Postby puffin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:36 pm

Someone seems to have bought a quantity of these with the clear aim of selling them asap for a huge profit! If you look at the "completed listings" you'll see 2 have already been sold for £265 and £150. :o
I was sort of hoping that not all would have been sold and the Fan Club might have the left-overs for sale, but if the lot have been bought up this way, there's no chance! :(
0 x
And I dream of a day when our superficial gaze
is replaced with something more real
And the lines on the face are a thing to celebrate
for the tales that they tell

[FolkLaw c.Nick Gibbs 'The Tales That They Tell']

RC
Your favourite Runrig song: The Ship
Favourite Album: Stamping Ground

Postby RC » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:00 pm

There should have been a limit of one bottle per person. When there were only 500 for sale at an event attended by 17,000 it is only fair that everyone should have only been allowed one bottle. Any surplus could easily have been sold through the office or on eBay by the office. Personally I don't think much of someone who would buy up so many just to make a profit.
0 x
There is no return,
Once the seal's undone,
Morning dawning with life abounding,
But in time we all must fall,
And it seems to be this way,
Hearts change and brightness fades,
And it leaves you facing the days,
When your hope is blown apart,
Life is hard.

Only when the last tree has died & the last river has been poisoned & the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money.

suzie wasso

Postby suzie wasso » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:33 pm

Not got any towels, but I'm the proud owner of a framed ('78) LP of News From Heaven signed by all the band. (Bruce had to sign for Donnie.....cos he'd left by then.)
0 x

wolfy
Global Moderator
Favourite Gig: Stirling Castle 2003

Postby wolfy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:11 pm

Well they was not all sold we still have them in the office i do believe :)
0 x
Runrig Tour Merchandieser
www.runrig.co.uk
www.runrig.dk

wolfy
Global Moderator

Postby wolfy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:12 pm

puffin wrote:Someone seems to have bought a quantity of these with the clear aim of selling them asap for a huge profit! If you look at the "completed listings" you'll see 2 have already been sold for £265 and £150. :o
I was sort of hoping that not all would have been sold and the Fan Club might have the left-overs for sale, but if the lot have been bought up this way, there's no chance! :(

Well i gave the ones out on the night there were only a couple of people buying two every one else only had one
0 x
www.runrig.co.uk
www.runrig.dk

Fred

Postby Fred » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:22 pm

Wolfy

I had a look at the guy's feedback. He has sold at least 3 bottles to date - for £265, £150 and £200 respectively with at least one auction running currently. He must have got some other people organised to buy extra bottles for him. It's obviously worth making a bit of an effort for a profit of up to £200 a bottle.

Out of interest, did people get turned away on the night, or did everyone who wanted a bottle get one?

Fred - proud owner of bottle #84
0 x

RC

Postby RC » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:25 pm

I gave up even trying to get into the Fanzone tent! :( Everytime I went it was packed to the edge with people sheltering from the rain. And there was no way I was going to go when Runrig were on!
0 x
There is no return,
Once the seal's undone,
Life is hard.

Only when the last tree has died & the last river has been poisoned & the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money.

Bydand
Your favourite Runrig song: All of them :p
Favourite Album: Once In A Lifetime
Favourite Gig: Edinburgh Castle (Big Wheel Tour), Borlum

Postby Bydand » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:11 pm

I was one of the people that bought two bottle but one was to drink and the other was to keep, either as a collectors item or an investment for a future rainy day.

If somebody is making that much now, what will they be worth in a few years time?

P.S. I do believe I would like gravy with the Borlum Mud Pie that I said I would eat if anybody was crazy enough to buy a bottle at the price they seem to have sold for!!!!
0 x
This world ain't ready for The Ark
Mankind works in mysterious ways

emgee
Engine Room
Favourite Album: Depends on mood
Favourite Gig: They have all been good

Postby emgee » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:36 am

I think there are still some left. They will be on the website, along with other Borlum merchandise, soon. :idea:
0 x
Stand Free wherever you may be
We are the Reds from Banchory

wolfy
Global Moderator

Postby wolfy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:41 am

Dalilea wrote:I gave up even trying to get into the Fanzone tent! :( Everytime I went it was packed to the edge with people sheltering from the rain. And there was no way I was going to go when Runrig were on!

i am very sorry about this i did ask people to leave but when a few of them decieded to get a bit Anti with me i left them alone ,as stated we have some left, so contact the office about getting a hold of it i know we were trying to sort it out.

Fred yes every body that managed to get in the tent, got what they wanted not sure if they got the number they wanted.
as for the ebay stuff i have not really an answer for that is it the real thing i will talk to mike seems silly peoplebuying stuff for extreme ammounts when we have it in the office..
0 x
www.runrig.co.uk
www.runrig.dk

upandatem

Postby upandatem » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:08 am

As far as the Fanzone tent was concerned there were quite a number blocking the way from quite early on.
I can't understand why these people went early then had to shelter from the elements as they were incorrectly dressed, it's not as if the weather on the day wasn't forcast.
I had no problem getting through to register for my DVD and just knocked them out of the way on my way back out. Just like being in the 2nd row again :D Size has it's advantages.

On the Ebay front, people will try to flog anthing at a profit on there. Tickets for concerts or rugby matches often turn up at inflated prices when tickets are still available at the box offices. A fool & his money & awe that.....

On wider Borlum merchandise front, I'm a bit in the doo doo as I didn't buy my wife a shinty shirt!
0 x
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
How true is Stanislaw J. Lec's famous remark:
"Every now and then you meet someone whose ignorance is encyclopedic."

RC

Postby RC » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:30 am

wolfy wrote:Dalilea wrote:
I gave up even trying to get into the Fanzone tent! Everytime I went it was packed to the edge with people sheltering from the rain. And there was no way I was going to go when Runrig were on!

i am very sorry about this i did ask people to leave but when a few of them decieded to get a bit Anti with me i left them alone ,as stated we have some left, so contact the office about getting a hold of it i know we were trying to sort it out.

Thanks for this info Wolfy, I will get in touch with the office to see if there is any left!!
0 x
There is no return,
Once the seal's undone,
Life is hard.

wolfy
Global Moderator

Postby wolfy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:23 pm

I have written to this seller on ebay allthough we cannot stop him selling i have informed him that his statement that they are sold out is in fact false, allso we have records of who brought what number .
Last edited by wolfy on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
www.runrig.co.uk
www.runrig.dk

wolfy
Global Moderator

Postby wolfy » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:48 pm

upandatem wrote:
On wider Borlum merchandise front, I'm a bit in the doo doo as I didn't buy my wife a shinty shirt!

You can still get them thru the Office, and i reckon we will have them onthe tour.
0 x
www.runrig.co.uk
www.runrig.dk

cathrupert
Your favourite Runrig song: In scandinavia
Favourite Album: Everything You See

Postby cathrupert » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:21 am

is it better to contact the office if so how do i do that or should i wait for the tour :)
0 x

Steve
Your favourite Runrig song: The Old Boys
Favourite Gig: Loch Ness

Postby Steve » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:00 pm

I still have 5 (full) bottles of Runrig beer , maybe I could get a few bob for each one of them, there again probably better to drink them myself,

Steve
0 x

Return to “Runrig”