Concert Programs

Runrig discussion - This forum is for chatter on Runrig and their current affairs, albums and tours.
KateyOH
Favourite Gig: Borlum 2007

Concert Programs

Postby KateyOH » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:40 pm

Borlum was my first Runrig concert and I was wondering why they did not have Programs for sale, as is the case with most indoor events.
I think it would have been great to have one, Hope they didnt have them for sale and I missed out. :cry:
0 x
Bless this Day

Hendo_rfc
Forum Admin
Your favourite Runrig song: Big Sky
Favourite Album: Searchlight
Favourite Gig: Hebfest 2005

Re: Concert Programs

Postby Hendo_rfc » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:56 pm

Keeping it dry would have been a spectaculor challenge initself. Ive never seen a program on sale at any gigs ive been to. Except for the Heb Fest but that was mainly aimed at tourists on the island telling them where to visit. Only place ive ever noticed programs is football matches
0 x

Fifs
Favourite Album: The Stamping Ground
Favourite Gig: Loch Ness/Loch Lomond/ Heb Celt and any castle gig

Postby Fifs » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:30 pm

I think 1991 was the year of the programmes. I have one from the Edinburgh castle concert that year and a Big Wheel Tour programme. Can't remember for the life of me whether these were bought at gigs or from the fan club afterwards but it has been done before. I was slightly surprised there wasn't one for Borlum but I guess the souvenir DVD is the technologically up-to-date replacement. Also more waterproof for those that picked theirs up on the day!! :) :)
0 x

KateyOH

Postby KateyOH » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:25 pm

Hendo I agree with you there it would have been a problem keeping it dry. I have only been to one big concert before and that was when REM were at the football stadium in Huddersfield and I dont think they were selling programmes either.

Thanks for the Info Fifs, your probably right about the DVD but I guess I,m greedy, I would have liked a programme as well :lol:
0 x
Bless this Day

tommy-g
Favourite Gig: Barras '91

Postby tommy-g » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:40 pm

I can't say that I have ever bought a programme at a rock concert, I don't remember there being any at Loch Lomond but I am sure one of the Glasgow papers was doing a Runrig special after the gig. Somebody please confirm?

Personally I always find programmes to be an over priced, full of adverts, waste of money but maybe I am just stingy ;)
0 x
tommy-g

roadtrip
Your favourite Runrig song: Too many to list
Favourite Album: Stamping Ground
Favourite Gig: New York, 2004

Postby roadtrip » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:26 pm

I have no doubt it has to do with the litter factor. As the day wears on, even on the best days, people "lose" them and they end up littering the countryside.
0 x
All our roads are waiting to be revealed...
I'm still here with the eyes of a child, the wonder never grows old

KateyOH

Postby KateyOH » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:40 am

roadtrip wrote:I have no doubt it has to do with the litter factor. As the day wears on, even on the best days, people "lose" them and they end up littering the countryside.

I think if anyone had lost their programme on the 18th August in that lovely field it would have been stuck in the mud forever. :(
0 x
Bless this Day

francesp

Postby francesp » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:48 am

:D :D :D As someone else has said, there didn't seem to be any programmes on sale, they would have got wet and dirty, overpriced, full of adverts, etc. But I have something to tell you which may make some of you envious! After Borlum, I was staying in Scotland for a few days, and going north to Sutherland to see some friends who have recently moved up there to open a vegetarian b+b. On Sunday, I was doing a tour of the Black Isle, when I noticed the sign for the brewery, and having a real ale fan in the family, decided to go there to get him some real ale. When I arrived, I noticed a poster for 'Runrig - Borlum Farm - Loch Ness- 18 August 2007' on the wall, so asked the lady in the shop what she was going to do with it. She ummed and ahhed, said she didn't know if 'they' wanted it back, so in the end I managed to persuade her it would be no use for 'them' to have it back, and she gave it to me! It's the same design as all the other Borlum things, ie picture of lake in background in black and white, and with green lettering. I need to get a frame for it, and then intend to put it up on the wall, provided my other half doesn't object too much (he does quite like Runrig - he's coming to Basingstoke to see them in October. And I did get him some beer!).
0 x
...but sweet is the breeze o'er Raasay,
the morning awaits you there ...

upandatem

Postby upandatem » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:13 am

Lots of programmes for the Blas Festival were being handed out.
Must admit to throwing out a very soggy copy when I got home.
0 x
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
How true is Stanislaw J. Lec's famous remark:
"Every now and then you meet someone whose ignorance is encyclopedic."

Return to “Runrig”