COAST

This section of the forum is for chat relating to other bands and artists including past and present band members solo work.
Syber
Your favourite Runrig song: Proterra, Book of golden stories
Favourite Album: Proterra
Favourite Gig: Beat the drum

Re: COAST

Postby Syber » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:31 am

puffin wrote:Will you be seeing Coast on any of their forthcoming Scottish dates (I am assuming here that you are Scotland-based)? If so, you are in for a real treat - some great new material, some old favourites, a new twist on familiar songs from Andy's guitar playing... :love: :thumbsup:

See Syber, Puffins can promote too! ;) :-D

Doing a great job as well :D Looking forward to Stirling?
0 x

puffin
Engine Room

Postby puffin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:24 pm

Syber wrote:Doing a great job as well :D Looking forward to Stirling?

You bet we are - Runrig at Edinburgh first though! It'll be the first time we'll have seen Coast in a non-pub type setting and only the second outside Hampshire (Salisbury a couple of weeks back being the first!). Not sure what the band will think about their "ageing groupie" turning up so far from home territory though... :twisted: (They do know!! :D )

See you in Stirling. :thumbsup:
0 x
And I dream of a day when our superficial gaze
is replaced with something more real
And the lines on the face are a thing to celebrate
for the tales that they tell

[FolkLaw c.Nick Gibbs 'The Tales That They Tell']

Spud
Your favourite Runrig song: Every River
Favourite Album: Party On The Muir
Favourite Gig: Party On The Muir 2013

Postby Spud » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:58 pm

If you're in Inverness this week, check out the tour calendar for the FREE gig. Wish I was up, I've seen the photos from Speyfest
0 x
http://manran.co.uk/

I'm only a little bear, I need hugs.....
A bear is for life, not just for Christmas - haha!!

http://manran.co.uk

rig

Postby rig » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:27 am

Speyfest was a great wee festival, very laid back, with a large, happy, ready-for-anthing audience.

I particularly enjoyed Emily Smith early evening, and then late evening Coast came on, and went down a storm with the large, bouncy, all-ages crowd. The energy was infectious. They played their rockier numbers, as that was the mood of the night - dancing, singing along, cheering. I think they made a lot of new fans there.

It was the Peatbog Faeries (fantastic) on after them, and the dancing and applause continued. A great session altogether.

Some great photos of the festival, including close-ups of Coast members if you scroll through, here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/colourjam/ ... 489/page2/
0 x

The colour frontier
The ageing light
The sight that knows no fear

doublevc
Your favourite Runrig song: The Cutter/Leaving Strathconan/YOTF
Favourite Album: The Stamping Ground
Favourite Gig: Stirling Castle 2003/Barras 2008 (Fri)

Postby doublevc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:18 am

Just back from their gig in Iochdar (the places I end up :D ). The lads were in great form but I think their tour manager should start to pick/get some better gigs for them or they could end up disappearing off the radar. A low turnout which only swelled towards the end and, if you're one of the ones who likes a moan about drunk people at a gig on the main board, then you would have had a field day here.

Yes they should be applauded for coming to the islands (we don't get much variation in the entertainment here) but I don't really think the band are going to get anywhere playing to a hall of blootered up youth (plus a few older ones). However I took the good lady along and for seeing them for the first time she seemed quite impressed. Again played all their own stuff when tonight chucking in a cover might have worked to get the kids onside a bit more although generally I think they went down well by the end.
0 x
Can anyone explain?

RC
Your favourite Runrig song: The Ship
Favourite Album: Stamping Ground

Postby RC » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Coast played a blinder at Speyfest last month. Played their wee hearts out to a tent full of folks, who had never heard them before. But they had the best reaction ever and the band were on top form. An hour long set, full of their faster paced, rockier tracks. These guys are getting better and better and well worth going to see if they play near you.

A few nights later they did a spur of the moment free gig in Nellie Dean's in Inverness, which was absolutely superb. Totally different crowd, but they loved the band and once again the boys were on top form.

Seriously well worth a peek at if you ever get the chance.

:music:
0 x
There is no return,
Once the seal's undone,
Morning dawning with life abounding,
But in time we all must fall,
And it seems to be this way,
Hearts change and brightness fades,
And it leaves you facing the days,
When your hope is blown apart,
Life is hard.

Only when the last tree has died & the last river has been poisoned & the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money.

DaveyTee
Your favourite Runrig song: Loch Lomond, This Darkest Winter, Skye.
Favourite Album: Once in a Lifetime
Favourite Gig: Wolverhampton '93

Postby DaveyTee » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:57 pm

So whatever happened to Coast? Just over a couple of years ago everyone was talking about them, since then nothing!

DT
0 x
Scottish, not British.

RRevolution

Postby RRevolution » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Seen them a few weeks back on their Coast to Coast Scottish mini tour. They were fantastic, such a shame they don't seem to attract big audiences in this country. Went to Anstruther and Dundee to see them on consecutive nights, and was well impressed. Very, very talented band.

This wee guy loves their music too, check this out...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqhQnPG-AqM
0 x

DaveyTee

Postby DaveyTee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:03 pm

Hah! Just down the road from me and I didn't know they were there! Am I right in assuming that all the Coast information is now on Facebook? Presumably they don't attract big audiences in Scotland because they're not very well known up here.

DT
0 x
Scottish, not British.

RRevolution

Postby RRevolution » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:32 am

Facebook is certainly where I got the info from. Been hoping they'd come back up to Scotland for ages. I think they might be back next year, the Dundee Celtic Festival loved them.
0 x

DaveyTee

Postby DaveyTee » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:51 am

I didn't even know there was a Dundee Celtic Festival. Ho hum - must get out more.....

DT
0 x
Scottish, not British.

RRevolution

Postby RRevolution » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Haha, this was it's first year I believe.

http://dundeeceltfest.com/2015-lineup

Was a decent lineup, Donnie & his band were on the lineup too.
0 x

Return to “Other Music”