Software upgrade

Runrig, website and forum news
Crunchie
Forum Admin

Software upgrade

Postby Crunchie » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:53 pm

It's that time again when I must frantically search for all the administrators FTP username and password info and attempt to make a software upgrade without completely wiping us out.

Phpbb forums have released a new version of their software with the following new features:

Notification system
Easily configure how you prefer to be notified about various events, such as when you are quoted in a post. The new extensible notifications feature lives in the header of every page and provides a centralized place to receive alerts and other information.

Registrations
Register and login using your Google, Bit.ly, or Facebook accounts.

New style
Our default style, prosilver, has been completely overhauled to ensure a modern experience on all of your devices. Give it a try on a tablet or smart-phone. We're not actually using the prosilver style as our default so this will be looked at.

There are other changes that'll make it a bit easier for me to make updates to the software. :D

As this is a big update compared to the last I wish to do it at a time when I know I have time spare to sort out any problems so I'm penciling this in for the 29th of this month at around 10pm or so. The forum will be closed at this point.
0 x

Crunchie
Forum Admin

Re: Software upgrade

Postby Crunchie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:14 am

Unfortunately I didn't manage to even attempt this last night due to being quite unwell this week. I'm going to pencil the update in for Tuesday night (the 2nd) and hope I can stay awake after 6pm this time. :D
0 x

Crunchie
Forum Admin

Re: Software upgrade

Postby Crunchie » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:12 pm

the software upgrade seems to have gone without a hitch (fingers crossed), it might be an idea to log out of the forum, clear your cookies and cache and log back in.

At the moment we only have the default style as the developers decided they weren't going to support the old one. I'll do my best to get the old one back but we might need to persevere with this one for a while.
0 x

Return to “Announcements suite”